<body>
name
an ordinary miracle

I'm lydia, am madly in love with flowers and with pink&green. :D
that aside, find out about me through my entries! or drop me a tag.

bold italic underline link

Ads
just for fun

tagboard
quit being so demure

links
my darlings

Ada Jie
Adeline
Adelyn
Alex
Amelia
Amy
Claudia
Chao Yang
Charlene
Danae
Dylan
Hui Qing
Ian
Jack
Jannah
Jason
Jerald
Jess
Jia Jun
Jian Xin
Lian Jie
Linzt
Matthew
Pei Xin
Perry
Rachel
RongFang Jie
Ruth
Shao Bing
Shu Ping
Theresa
Thomas
Tricia
Vivian
XD
Zest
Zhi Yang


Pastor Jeff
Pastor Rachel
JR Tribe
Cellgroup (:
JTRC
Angelique
Daniel
Aska, Yang Zong Wei

credits
i'd like to thank

Design: parading sentiments .
Resources: headlock.ws 3zehn.org

Sunday, May 13, 2007
2:27 AM

yay. saturday was a fun day! xP I went for TP-BP Mentoring orientation and for Jackie Pullinger seminar. :)

for the TP-BP mentoring.. hahaha. nothing to say la. =X only tt linzt was kinda high~ cos... hahah. cannot say it here. :P then after "orientation", not really a very fun one.. =X haha. we went to tampines!! shop around. window shopping of cos, since I don't hv the money. and even if I hv, I shldnt spend so much on clothes le. -nods- save first!

erm yea.. and then whoa. they hving shoe sale man. crazy la. mondo is hving.. 2 (pairs of shoes) for $15. can you believe that?! so cheap??? bt mostly high heels la, which I detest. x) ya.. and then we had a hard time thinking of wht to eat. cos everywhere we wanted was crowded la. expected I guess, since it's a saturday.. oh n omg. the queue at the cinema was CRAZY.

if you guys go to tm... you know nxt to the cinema is the arcade right.. then after tt ajisen ramen alr? the queue actually extended out from the cinema to the arcade n even worse.. o_o me n linzt were saying they siao. lolz.. =X probably cos of the spiderman3 craze and mother's day which caused SUCH a commotion.

which reminds me, I CAN'T WAIT FOR PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN 3. 24th may.. "welcome to Singapore~" hahah.

ok, I've digressed. hmm ya.. in the end linzt and me ate LJS lor. =/ fried food. ahhh. hahaha. ok. then we went off.. I went expo, she went home. yupp. and then at tanah merah, guess who I spotted on the train? :o adeline, danae, janice and zy! wahh. all falling sick sia. =X must take care of urselves man.. weather hasnt been too good recently.

JP conference. hmmm. I would say, Jackie Pullinger really dares to speak. she says things that people have never heard of before, things tt people may not like. but I like that, cos it shows tt she's being true to herself. :) at least to me. she's a straightforward person and.. tt's really cool. altho I was shocked at how straightforward she is at first.

what I take back from the conference is this.. ministry with the poor is not about money. that's not the point. it's abt showing the poor the care and concern for their lives/well being/family etc. and doing something for them.. which requires sacrifice on our part.

giving them our lunch because a child hasnt eaten for 2 wks, helping them by opening up ur home and letting them stay over.. even if it means tt you lose out on alot of things..

to touch the lives of people we need to first love them. show them love through our actions, not just words. cos really.. talk is cheap. it's the doing that is tough. and continue to help them.. not expecting anything in return. for God came down to earth in the form of man, and chose to lose His life in order tt we may have a chance to be freed from the slavery of sin.

and because of that, we can give unto others. Christ first gave (His life), that we may be a blessing to other people.. and He gave, not expecting anything in return at all. He died for our sins, whether we believed in God.. or not.

that really shld be our attitude in giving.. give without expecting something in return.

all these isn't going to be easy to do. Jackie pullinger went through alot and even came to a point where she told God, I have used up all of my heart.

the pain is inevitable, but we must not give up. there are many people out there who are less fortunate than us, and do not know of the gospel. God came down to die on the cross for us.. and lost everything He had.. endured hardships as a man..

God has given so much for us.. so let us give to those who need help! for we have been blessed with many and must share what we have with others.. after all. they don't last forever. wht's the point of hogging our possessions when we can help a person in need?

(by possessions, I don't mean money)