Haha. Didn't go school today.. wasn't feeling too good. abit of cough, flu.. and alot of tiredness. =X ytd slept too late I guess. slept at around 2? or later. =_= yupp, and I was supposed to get up at 7.
ok anyway, God spoke something really impt to me ytd and just thought of writing it down. as reflection and also a reminder to myself. The topic was initially on contentment. What one of my friends said is really true, you must learn to be contented with what you have.
honestly, I know I am not easily contented. perhaps, cos my dad hv spoilt me.. gave me the best he could. resulting in this. or perhaps, I just never saw what I have as enough. recently been wanting to get soo many things and God just reminded me.. simple things can also bring joy.
ya.. having a fren beside when you're down, tt's happiness.
knowing that you have a roof over your head, tt's happiness.
having food to eat, clothes to wear, a nice bed to slp in, people who care about you..
all these little things bring happiness to you. just I, have forgotten to appreciate them. appreciate what I have now. and what I keep looking at was, what do I NOT have?
but really, it's good to just think. what do I have? and you'll realise that you have so much. well, I did. I have God who is always here for me and even if no one else knows I am sad, God does and He just stays beside me to hear me out, quietly accompanying me and just being here for me. this is enough to me.
I have food to eat when I am hungry.. never really had to experience the torture of hunger unlike many others who live in poverty.. I have people who care for me, even if they don't really show it or know when I am down. I know tt they do care for me. I have clothes to wear and even nice ones to pick and choose which one to wear for a different day.. all these are blessings I have overlooked. things I have taken for granted cos it's always here.. even God.
and God just answered a qn I asked earlier in the day. How to be thankful even if things don't go your way?? How to be thankful if you feel so irritated about life?
He just told me, appreciate the things you have, the things around you. and your heart will be filled with thanksgiving.
wow.. a really important lesson to me. it's been a lesson God is constantly teaching me. and I feel so amazed, tt He remembers what we ask for. thing is, I asked tt He wld keep my heart simple and pure for Him (n for my own good). and it was a really recent request. I forgot abt the request.. but God didn't. He never forgets what His children asks from Him.
we all have such a great God isn't it? we all have such a great Father.. :) let's remember what God has done and given to us this day.
--
no matter when,
no matter where,
You'll be there
to hear me share.
thank You my friend.
my heart- You mend.
Now I will stand
until the end.